Tuesday, November 19, 2013

being fully human

It is simple... people I love and people I do not know, whom I KNOW God loves, are being treated unfairly, being exploited, being kept down, being held out... actively, systematically, systemically, intentionally so that some others may feel "superior" and get more at their expense, for themselves... it makes me ANGRY, and I will write, I will speak, I will fight, I will continue to do what I do to make it so that ALL people have the healthcare they need, equal education under the law in whatever school or district they are a part of, a living wage for their work, jobs for those who can work, affordable housing, transportation and RESPECT, REGARDLESS of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background... I believe anyone who is either unconcerned about others or worse, sees exploiting them as an opportunity to promote more for themselves, is in some kind of stage of arrested human development... I stand on the Gospel of Jesus - what JESUS taught about how we are to live with each other... unapologetically, un-waveringly, without hesitation or reservation... clear?
Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment