Sunday, February 16, 2014

All about Agape Love

I believe this life with one another, even with strangers and enemies, is about us learning how to live Agape Love to perfection.
What I see, is that people who God loves and who I am called to love are being hurt by others whose driving force in life is, instead - greed, lust for power and/or an obsession with prestige/position.  It would not matter to me, because I believe that God takes care of these things, except that SO MANY people are being hurt...
    kept away from the table
    kept down economically
    kept back intellectually
    kept out politically
    kept at bay socially
    kept from working
    kept from empowerment
    kept from having an equal chance in life
    kept from having ENOUGH

And this is being done intentionally, systematically, malevolently, deceitfully, insidiously, sometimes brutally... so that someone else can have more wealth, power or position for themselves and those just like them... much more than they need...

I cannot stand idle... I cannot remain silent... I cannot turn a blind eye, hoping to get more for myself... I cannot pretend that this is alright or natural... I cannot participate actively or by my inactivity with this unconscionable, immoral way...

So, sometimes what I write or say or send along on Facebook or teach or preach may seem harsh, but being an advocate... standing with... means standing up against evil... exposing works of darkness and INSISTING on something different... not always pretty or pleasant... but I MUST do that, in order to be Agape Loving of MANY whom God loves...

Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment