Monday, April 6, 2015

New Life

So, I know that Jesus took my sin's death to its death, became sin and took it to its death on the Cross, and gives me HIS resurrection. I know what a gift that is to my soul - what deliverance that means. I know that it is about personal salvation. I also know that dying to sin and rising to new life, DAILY, because I am baptized into His death and resurrection, means that I can and should live differently, as one who has been given new life. I am committed, by Jesus' command to live Agape Love, to see that others have deliverance in THIS PART of God's Kingdom, so that they can live a new life, too. If I am to follow Jesus, then I must follow Jesus' way of not judging, of forgiving, of showing compassion to the most vulnerable and in need, of reaching out to stranger and even enemy in Agape. If I do anything other, I am not following Jesus. I can no more want harm or want come to a neighbor (defined by Jesus as stranger and enemy), than I want that for myself, if I love my neighbor as myself. If I love God, I can no more focus only on my own desires, but also on the needs of others who God loves, and work to make sure they are cared for. I am SAVED from selfish, self-centered, greedy, ruthless, power-hungry, controlling, intolerant, judgmental, unforgiving, bigoted, irrational, unloving, apathetic and complacent living. I am CALLED to a life of self-sacrifice, thankfulness, compassion, love, peace, joy, kindness, acceptance(even celebration), actively committed solidarity with my neighbor (stranger, enemy). I do that because Jesus taught, commanded and modeled that life for me in THIS PART of God's Kingdom. I do it because I am redeemed and saved from sin and its death. I do it as a RESPONSE of gratitude and thankfulness to Jesus. THIS is my prayer, my praise and my offering to God... to LIVE as a living sacrifice for the one who sacrificed for me. So, others may keep any empty worship, praise and tithing that are devoid of active Agape Love. They may keep any focus on personal salvation that comes down only to belief toward pie in the sky when we die. I will LIVE my Faith by Grace in Agape Love here and now. Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment