Thursday, February 8, 2018

Being Sick

I have had bronchitis and a sinus infection for a week.
I have been miserable.
My arms, legs and other body parts have been fine but because of my sinuses and lungs right now, I have been wholly miserable.  I have had sleepless nights of wheezing and coughing and it has rendered my whole body weak.

I have had a chronic issue with sinusitis for most of my life, and sinus infections have often been the result.
I had bronchitis and croup a lot when I was a child, and it would seem that it has returned.
I tried to treat the symptoms with home remedies and over-the-counter products and I kept working instead of taking time off to rest.  Finally, I have had to take three days off and go on antibiotics.

Isn't that just how it is with the body?
If one part is miserable, it negatively affects the whole.
If you have not directly suffered for a while, it is easy to ignore the symptoms of impending illness.
You can only ignore it for so long, until it get so bad that you have to do something to heal it.
And once it has you, it has you and it must be addressed.

And it is the whole body that must rest.
It is the whole body that must be healed.

I cannot live without my sinuses or have them removed.
I cannot live without my lungs or have them removed.
They are a part of my whole body and I must deal with them in a healthy way.

The illness of our society must be addressed.
A part of our body is infected with Greed.  It affects the whole body.
A part of our body is swelling up with hatred and it affects the whole body.
It has rendered the whole body sick and has weakened us.

We have tried the age-old method of ignoring the symptoms for as long as we could.  It did not help, but rather made it worse.
We have tried the cheaper, easier to get and topical remedies but they have  not been effective.

It is time to shed our denial of the illness.
It is time to get a real treatment after a careful inventory of the causes and symptoms.
It is time to deal with this internally, intentionally and fully.
It will take a potent medicine and treatment over a long period of time.
And while we would like to go on with our lives as usual, we will have to stop rather and address this so that we can return to living in a healthy way.

Agape Love restores well-being to the body.  Until it permeates the body, the illness will continue to grow and render the body sick and weak.
We must take the time necessary and inject Agape Love into the whole body for a restoration (or initiation) of health in our society.

Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment