Friday, April 11, 2014

Agape Love

AGAPE LOVE-
this active commitment on behalf of the other,
and central teaching of Jesus,
Great Commandment of my Lord,
   as I live within my God
   as I meet the world around me
The "doing to others as I would have them do to me" kind 
The "forgiving as I want to be forgiven" kind
The "not judging as I don't want to be judged" kind
The "loving even stranger and enemy" kind
The "loving one another as Jesus loved us" kind
The "not making a liar by not loving my sister" kind
The "patient, kind, never envious, boastful, arrogant or rude" kind
   So beautifully calls me to "not look only to my own interests"
   So selflessly calls me to "count others as better than myself"
   So encouragingly calls me to "have the same mind in me that was in Christ Jesus"
This most Radical Love leads me to
   Radical Sharing and Generosity,
   Radical Advocacy toward Liberation,
   Radical Inclusion of all, equally,
   and in Radical Community to live and love.
        Because it is JESUS' WAY
        And if I want to follow JESUS
        I must go THAT WAY, too

Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment