Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hopeful

I am hopeful that we will learn to value what Jesus in the Gospels teaches as values.
I am hopeful that we will value people above profit, that we will value our neighbor AS WE value our
     selves.
I am hopeful that we will value peace over profit, power, control and hatred.
I am hopeful that we will value everyone having enough and more, over just a few of us having it all.
I am hopeful that we will value everyone equally, and not just some over the rest.
I am hopeful that we will value community over isolation, justice over entitlement and kindness over
     self-righteousness.
I am hopeful that we will value mercy over sacrifice.
I am hopeful that we will value grace over merit.
I am hopeful that we will value inclusion over exclusivity.
I am hopeful that we will value love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness
    and self-control over greed, lust for power, prestige and position.
I am hopeful that we will value each other and not just self.
I am hopeful that we will value life over death in EVERY situation.
I am hopeful that we will value connection over separation.
I am hopeful that we will value sharing over selfishness.
I am hopeful that we will value acceptance over intolerance.
I am hopeful that we will value the content of our character over the color of our skin, our sexual
    orientation, our monetary assets or anything else.
I am hopeful that we will value compassion over apathy.
I am hopeful that we will value rational thought over irrational fear and hatred.
I am hopeful that we will value GOOD NEWS over bad news.
I am hopeful that we will value celebrating others and not destroying or exploiting them.
I am hopeful that we will value God over any of our idols.
I am hopeful that we will value what Jesus taught and exemplified as Kingdom Values.
I am hopeful.  I truly hopeful.  Be hopeful, and with me determined to spread the hope which will
   become a REALITY in the world around us.
Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment