Thursday, March 14, 2013

Follow Him

"I have not come to abolish (the Law), but to fulfill it." Mt. 5:17
"This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased. Listen to HIM!" 
    Mt. 17:5
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me... and teaching them to obey everything     
    that I have commanded you." Mt. 28:18-20
"On these two commandments rest all the Law and Prophets" Mt. 22:40
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another as I have loved
    you." Jn. 13:34 (15:12)
"others will know that you are MY disciples in that you love one another."
    Jn. 13:35
"if you abide in MY Word, you are truly my disciples..." Jn. 8:31 (8:37,51)
"if you love me, you will keep MY commandments." Jn. 14:15
"if you keep MY commandments, you will abide in my love." Jn. 15:10 (15:7)
"You are my friends if you do what I command you." Jn. 15:14
"Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord', and you do not do what I tell you?" Lk. 6:46
"If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up
    their cross and follow me." Mk. 8:34

So, Jesus is our authority on Kingdom Values. His IMPERATIVES are our commandments. I believe we are called to live what Jesus taught and exemplified in our lives, and not just praise and worship Him and give our tithes.  What Jesus taught is in the Gospels.  Want to follow Him? FOLLOW HIM - LIVE what Jesus taught and exemplified! The world will be a better place for it!


Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment