Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grace, please

For Jesus, life is Grace.
   And Grace with God means redemption, atonement - the forgiveness of sins and salvation.  Grace - undeserved, loving mercy - is a way of life for God with us.  Be thankful.  Be very thankful.  I learned long ago not to ask for what I deserve.  I know what I deserve.  Give me Grace, baby!  I believe that Grace leads to humble gratitude in a world that values arrogance and an insatiable sense of entitlement.
   For followers of Jesus, it would seem that graciousness, kindness, forgiveness and the refusal to judge others is a way of life to embrace.  Ruthlessness, mean-spiritedness, exploitation, smugness, bigotry, the belief of superiority and a sense of entitlement do not resemble Grace.
   So, what do we put out in the world?  What do we see from those in business, politics and church leadership today?  What do we see on the road, in our neighborhoods, in the check out line, at dinner after church and in our own homes?  What do we experience in school and at work?
   And how do WE live in the world?  How are WE out there?  What do WE put out there?  With what corporations do I do business?  To whom do I give my money?  Who do I vote for?  What church do I attend?  How do I treat my family?  How am I on the road?  in my neighborhood?  the check out line?  school?  work?
   I cannot change anyone else.  I can be more consistent with what Jesus taught and exemplified.  I can support those who do the same in business and politics, give my money to those who are most gracious with others in the world, and vote for those who will be the most gracious for the most (and "the least").  I can BE the example that I want to be as one who represents Jesus in the world.  I can be GRACIOUS!  (And so can you be, by the way)
Pastor Jamie

2 comments:

  1. Grace is wonderful!!!
    I however try very hard never to think of what I earn as "my money"...rather I think of all that I am and all I have as Gods. It is His money..I am just a steward trying to please Him with my choices of where to spend His money. I do indeed believe He would have me support those who show grace to others. Prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well said! Thanks! Yes, any resources we have been given, especially any abundance of them, are meant to be SHARED with others whom God also loves! All I have and all I AM belongs to God.

    ReplyDelete