Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jesus, Lord of ALL

I offer this blog for those who, yes, know Jesus as Savior, but also want to follow Him as LORD of ALL in their lives - how they view the world, how they live in the world, who they are as the "New Creation" in Jesus.  I believe I am called as one who calls myself a "Christian", not only to believe in Jesus and not only to offer Him Worship and Praise, but also to FOLLOW what He taught and exemplified.  I believe I am called to conform my life to His way and submit to His will for me.  There are too many folks claiming the name and then blatantly ignoring what Jesus taught on how we are to be with each other and in the world.  I want to inspire people to "be transformed by the renewal of (their) minds", and follow Jesus in how they live.  I will offer teachings of Jesus, IMPERATIVES that Jesus shares and other offerings from the Gospels, our best written record of Jesus' teachings, and the words of Paul and throughout scripture.  I will address politics, economics, relationships, the church, community and other arenas of life, as I believe that Jesus is Lord of ALL things in our lives.  I believe we cannot claim Him as Savior and ignore Him as Lord.  I believe that it is about "me and Jesus", but not ALL about "me and Jesus."  I believe that to be a Christian means that I live as Jesus calls me to live in the world around me.  Please join me in this venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment