Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thankful

I am thankful for what I have.  I will not focus on what I do not have and want, because what I need I have.  My daily bread is given to me and so much more.  If God did nothing else for me for the rest of my life, I could spend it giving thanks for what God has already given me.  Redemption and salvation chief among them, God has given me such gifts in my life so that I am truly wealthy in the things of the spirit.  The people God has placed in my life are marvelous.  My wife is truly a gift to me.  My family and friends are wonderful.  The work I do is exhausting at times, frustrating at times and boring at times, but it is ministry and I get to make a difference in peoples' lives.  My co-workers are incredibly caring people.  The church I attend is a blessing.  The pastor is a wonderful, kind and thoughtful man.  The people who attend the church are the salt of the earth.  The mission God continues to unfold before us is exciting, challenging and endearing.
I have a great deal!  I am blessed!  I am satisfied because I have a thankful heart.  I am grateful for what I have been given.  While the nature of greed may be that, no matter how much I have, I will always want more, the nature of thankfulness is that I see what I DO have and that I am truly blessed, because it is enough and more!  Enough IS enough for me!
I will be a good steward of what God has entrusted to me.  I will use my possessions to God's glory and the for the sake of God's people.  I will give, as I have an abundance (more than enough).  I will use my 168 hours each week to Worship, rest, play, build my marriage and family, serve the Lord and do the work that God has given me to do.  I will waste less and destroy nothing of what God has given me.  I will pollute as little as I am able, as I am a part of God's creation and subject to it, as well as being a steward of it.  I will give my offerings as a RESPONSE in thankfulness, for what God has given to me!
And I will count myself as blessed... beyond wealthy... because I know, ultimately, from what source my life has come... and I know what I have... and it is substantial... so, I am thankful... that means that I have what no greedy person can have... satisfaction out of a thankful heart.
See what you have?  See how blessed you are?  You have what you need or you would not be here, and you have so much more... see all that you have and be satisfied, with a thankful heart.
Pastor Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment